Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 14, 2011

Equal Opportunities

I have lived most of my life in England. I've studied in the US. I've also worked/lived as an English teacher for over 2 years in South Korea. I'm now in my second year teaching English in Saudi Arabia.

I found that people in Britain could be snide, nasty, and very unpleasant so I thought they aren't very nice now are they?! I was in South Korea for over 2 years. There are quite a few teachers of English there from English-speaking countries. They complain of xenophobia. I also found many people there to be two-faced and hostile.

In Saudi Arabia, same thing.

Please don't misunderstand me, in all of the countries I've visited I've met kind, nice people. But they often tend to be the exception to the rule.

Bottom line: Many people are not nice, so I stay indoors as much as possible, because I'm happy there. If you don't look indigenous, the host community will make it clear that you don't fit in and are not welcome.

I like/dislike people on merit. I dislike alot of people equally, I don't discriminate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment